The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama is pleased to offer a range of training suitable for your business, no matter your needs.
Our in-class sessions offer hands-on seminars in a traditional classroom setting led by experts in their field, while our interactive, instructor-led online Ed2Go courses allow you to set your own schedule and train at your convenience.
View both classroom and online training classes below. Most classes are available to both Chamber members and non-members. If you have questions, please contact Carolyn Tubbs at (205) 391-0556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 26, 2019
8:30am - 12:00pm
Chamber of Commerce
Cost: $122 per Chamber member; $129 per non-member
*Approved for 4hrs Business Related CPE by AL State Board of Public Accountancy and 3.25 PDCs by SHRM
Possessing a capable skill-set is only half of the potential solution. Modern day supervisors must execute relentlessly in producing results for their respective organizations. This workshop moves beyond the attainment of up-to-date supervisory skills to applying such skills while facing the daunting organizational challenges of the 21stcentury. It provides an overview of today's organizations, issues affecting organizations, and ways that modern supervisors in organizations are responding strategically. This workshop also focuses on emerging new directions for supervision, the future of supervision, and ways to prepare for and act in the future.
What You Will Learn
• Describe today's organizations, issues affecting organizations, and ways to respond
• Define supervision, describe types of supervisors, and explain the supervisor's position
• Review supervisory activities, roles, and competencies
• Discuss the importance of human relations and team cohesiveness
• Focus on the use of critical and creative thinking in problem solving
• Describe ethical dilemmas facing supervisory leaders
• Describe the challenge of supervisory leadership in introducing and applying new technology
• Discuss emerging directions in supervision
Modern Day Supervision
Exerting Positive Influence and Leading People
The Emerging Role of Facilitator: Working with Groups and Teams
Managing the Critical Process of Problem Solving with Creativity
Helping People Work Together: Human Relations
Taking Responsibility: Organizational Ethics
Planning for Change: Technology and Modern Work Requirements
Preparing for the Future: Supervision Tomorrow
Unique Workshop Offerings: A future-focused and strategic view of the challenge for modern day supervisors
Workshop Lead: Dr. Robert K. Prescott, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
August 14, 2019
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Chamber of Commerce
Cost: $122 per Chamber member, $129 per non-member.
Successful companies know that creating an excellent customer service culture within the organization is vital for sustainability and growth. “WOW-ing” the customer must be viewed as a way of life within an organization so that excellent customer service is ingrained in the mission.
From hiring and developing the best team to rewarding excellent service, customer service culture begins with leadership. This engaging workshop teaches the skills to create a positive work environment, decrease turnover and deliver the results of true customer service excellence.
What you will learn:
• What’s your Customer Service Culture? Identifying customer service in your organization
• Hiring and developing the best team
• Making a lasting, positive first impression on customers
• Encouraging and leading the "WOW" customer service experience
• The importance of staying actively engaged: the power of listening
• The impact of a positive work environment: the true cost of turnover
• Rewarding and recognizing excellent service
Workshop Lead: Elizabeth Lary.